Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Living Your Best Life

So I normally don't write two days in a row but this is burning within me so here goes! 

Are you living your best life?  Do you have passion?  Do you know your purpose?  Do you listen to the thoughts in you head that say you are inadequate?  These are all questions that 8 months ago I would not have been able to answer with anything but hopelessness, but now I can answer with knowing who I am and the greatness that is within me!

Getting up each day and knowing who you are and finding greatness in all you do is liberating!  This is not a "pie in the sky" feeling that comes and goes, this is a deep rooted belief system that comes naturally in everything you do. 

We all have bad days, have things that happen to us that are unexpected, things that go left when we want them to go right...however our response to these situations is what tells what kind of life you are living.  I used to get overwhelmed with the smallest of things that did not go my way or people who I allowed to have power over me.  I would sit in my counselor's office and tell her about how I couldn't do certain things, how I was powerless, how I was broken and I really believed with my head all these things to be true.  She would energize me by telling me about my greatness and how fearless I was, about how brave I was and I would believe her and leave feeling it, but within a few days the feeling would be gone. 

I started to wonder if I would ever change..then something amazing happened, one day I left my head and took up residence in my heart!  I know this sounds silly, what does that mean exactly, how do you live in your heart, isn't that just being emotional?  My answer is a resounding no!  It means that you discover the you that has been there all along.  We get so side tracked with life that we forget who we are.  We forget that greatness is in us and has always been. But I am here to tell you that when you discover this truth something happens that is nothing short of AMAZING!  You start to live, you have a fresh perspective on EVERYTHING!  The positive takes over and it seems that in spite of yourself you find greatness in everyday life.  Does negativity try to creep in, yes it does and you can choose to let it have a place as I did last week, however, it doesn't last long as what you know to be true in your heart is much more powerful!

Most days I am so full that I can't help but "spill over!"  I share this message in small and big ways everyday and I must say that it is energizing watching others discover greatness within themselves.  This is not a come and go trend, but is something that when it gets grounded in you you become FEARLESS in all you do!  You will live life without wondering what you are missing, but instead knowing you have purpose and passion.  The words "I can't" leave your vocabulary and the words "I am fearless" become part of your daily life.

My hope and desire for you is that you find greatness within-as it is already there!  Find a counselor who believes this (look up counselors who are trained in the  Nurtured Heart Approach) and have them start to speak greatness to you. Sorrund yurself with positivity.  Look deep within yourself to your heart listen to what is it saying. Tune out the negative voices in your head.  Evict fear, worry, misery, doubt from your life.  Just these small changes will start you on your journey to greatness.  Believe me when I say you will start living like you never have before, I know I have.




No comments:

Post a Comment