Monday, September 3, 2012

FEAR...It Is Not Your Destiny

FEAR...this is a word that can be paralyzing to your hopes, your dreams, your future.  As I thought about fear this weekend and how debilitaing it can be I thought about the following statement "Don't let fear dictate your destiny...instead, be fearless and discover your greatness and all that you were meant to be!" 

I lived many years believing lies that others told me about myself, about my abilities, about my limitations, my lack, my brokeness, and all these things led me down a path of fear.  The fear was so overpowering that I did not allow myself to live, to feel, to allow others in my life, to recognize my greatness and instead went deeper and deeper into a pit.

When I was at the beginning of my journey to learning to live in my heart, I was asked to describe where I saw myself.  The picture I gave was that I was in a deep, dark pit with no way out, the walls were slick and I could not climb out.  It was here that I thought I thought I was stuck.  But as I discovered my way into my heart, the fear that was so crippling left, the pit became illuminated and I discovered that there were ropes all around it to allow me to climb out.  The names on the ropes were fearlessness, greatness, hope, bravery, courage and when I allowed myself to leave my head and live in my heart these things became real in my life.

So what does it take to get past fear and to not allow it to have a hold on your life?  The answer is already in you.  It is the very greatness you were born with, it is the path into your heart.  I implore you, take the trip from your head and all the lies you have been told, that you believe and instead make your way to your heart, it holds the truth about the real you.  This is a journey that will change the way you live from now on.  It is a journey that at times will be painful, but the pain is then replaced with peace, with greatness, with fearlessness.  You can become a brave fearless warrior!  Everytime I am called this, the greatness within me rises to another level, not because of the words but because I believe them and as you journey from your head to your heart you will too!

You ask how? You already know the answer. I know, this is hard to hear isn't it?  You are thinking-no I don't, if I did why would I ask? I  understand as a friend of mine always tells me this when I ask how, and I used to hate when she did it, but now appreciate the value in it as it causes me to listen. You see, the answer is already in your heart...LISTEN, it is speaking to your now.  Turn off the voice in your head that says no you can't and listen to your heart that says yes you can. You were born with greatness, with fearlessness and it is still there, in your heart, waiting to bring you back to what you can be.  LISTEN...if you do your life will change. You will become a brave fearless warrior - in fact, you already are!

4 comments:

  1. AWESOMENESS! This is exactly how I felt a number of years ago when I found my way out of the "pit." Thanks for putting it so eloquently into words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for you support Jan. I am hubled by you comments and of you following me. I hope to meet you someday at an NHA event!

      Delete