Thursday, August 23, 2012

Negativity Versus Greatness-It's Your Choice

Something interesting happened this week that showed me just how much the GREATNESS message has rooted itself within me - I got sick!  Now that may not seem like such a big deal, but as a result of this I was forced out of a routine I have had for the last several months and I allowed it to throw me off and my response at first was not good.

Getting sick put me out of balance as I could not get up and workout and I also felt physically drained  so I allowed my day to slowly fill up with negativity.  In addition, I made a new friend and am helping them discover their GREATNESS and it scared me as I did not feel qualified and so I gave power to fear!

It was these two things combined that caused me to feel quite overwhelmed and I stopped listening to my heart and camped in my head over a period of three days with the breaking point coming on Wednesday.   As I sat in the presence of my two friends on Wednesday morning and starting "spewing" negativity I was challenged to start moving from my head to my heart, to remember who I was, to be FEARLESS and a shift began to take place and within 90 minutes and a calmness swept over me. 

In the midst of this shift I realized that GREATNESS does not come and go, it is ALWAYS there,  I choose to live it or not.  Here is what is so amazing by what happened- my friend who is discovering her GREATNESS saw it in action as she watched me shift back from my head to my heart and to speak from within and what I know to be true. She was inspired by my behavior as she saw GREATNESS within overcome fear, anxiety, doubt and be replaced with FEARLESSNESS. She now has a reference point to remember when she feels overwhelmed. 

Funny, but even in the midst of negativity-we can choose to have a positive impact or not.  It was through all of this I learned that the message of GREATNESS in grounded in me. I am FEARLESS because I shifted back. I no longer stay in that negative place, I know how to find my way back to GREATNESS and in doing so can inspire others to do the same.

So, what will you choose on those days when negativity looks so inviting that you just want to wallow in it for a while and ignore the GREATNESS within.  As someone shared with me, it can be either a mud pit that mires you down or a mud spa that invigorates you to change!  I would rather have the spa, wouldn't you?






1 comment: