Saturday, August 4, 2012

Who Are You Listening to

How powerful is the spoken word?  On the road to greatness I have discovered that when you have someone who believes in you it makes the journey that much easier.  We all have a voice in our head that sometimes wants to yell so loud that it tries to drown out everything.  But when you are pursuing your greatness this voice is silenced by the one in your heart that is even louder.  However, even though this may be true most of the time, every once in a while the head wins…this is where having that one or two people in your life that speak the language of greatness is so important.
People will tell you a lot of things in an effort to help you “fix” whatever you seem to think is wrong with you that day.  However, the person in your life who speaks the language of greatness will not try to “fix” you but will show you the path that leads to your heart and belief in yourself. I know this to be true because I have a friend like this.  I cannot remember a time when I have come to her with something I say I can’t do, that it has not been has been turned into an I will, I can, I believe.  As a result, I have accomplished things in the past 6 months that I would have only dreamed possible (or impossible) before.

So, what is keeping you from listening to your heart?  Who is that person in your life who believes in you and can speak the language of greatness, not to “fix” you (you are NOT broken) but to show you what you are capable of and to cultivate greatness in you?  The words that are spoken to us are powerful, even the ones we say to ourselves.  I challenge you to get up each day for the next week and start out your day by telling yourself you are fearless, you are capable, you have greatness.  Also to find a person who will reflect these things back to you and who will help you reset when you allow the WMD’s (worry, misery and doubt) to take over.  I guarantee, you will begin to believe things possible about yourself that will amaze you and change your life.  Once this takes root in you, pass it on to another, then the fun begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment