Friday, August 10, 2012

What Do You Believe

As I think about greatness tonight, I am reminded how important it is to believe that you have it within you and not just talk the talk.  When you are around those people in your life (and we all have them) that seem to "suck" life right out of you, it is important to remember who you are.  It is one thing to talk about your greatness, about living in your heart, about not listening to the voice in your head saying you are less than you are.  However, if this is not firmly rooted in your heart, all of these things get lost and you fall back into the negative pattern you had before you discovered the greatness within.

It is one thing to use the "language" of greatness, and this is one of the ways it takes root in your heart, but it is quite another thing to believe it so deeply that is does not get lost in the chaos of the negative life of another.

I discovered about myself tonight that this has taken root in my heart.  As my head screamed to "flee" that I was not capable of the chaotic, negative relationship before me, I was able to reset and remind myself through the language of my heart that in spite of what another thinks, I  believe that I have greatness within, whether it is recognized by them or not.  This is the first time on my journey I have not come away feeling so overwhelmed that I forgot who I was and what I have learned.  Don't get me wrong, I also discovered a few more things I need to work on, but overall, I was able to stay in my heart and celebrate who I am without acknowledgement from them.

So, I ask you, what or who is it in your life that is keeping you from the next step to greatness on your journey.  What steps do you need to take to reset and think differently, not only about yourself, but about the situation or person that you allow to rob you of your greatness.  I have been told often in the past few months that I am in control of my actions, that no one has the control unless I give it to them, tonight I discovered that to be true.

Greatness is not a feeling, it is a part of the very core of who you are, NO ONE has the power to take it from you unless you allow them to.  With every heartbeat, greatness flows, don't forget this as it is  this truth will ground you in your belief in who you are.  Greatness is not an option, you were born with it, we all were.

No comments:

Post a Comment