Sunday, August 12, 2012

What Is Your Message

Today I heard the following...your "mess" becomes your message (Terry Crist, Pastor City of Grace Church).  This is a powerful statement as we all have a message to share as we learn and discover who we are and the greatness within us. 
I remember as I started my journey I would use the phrase "I am a mess" quite often and my friend would consistently remind me how far I had come and what I had learned and what I was doing to move forward. As time went on, I stopped saying that I was a mess and started to believe that I was fearless instead and it was when this transition took place that my "mess" became my "message."
This is where I am now, sharing the message of GREATNESS as I have come to understand it and as it flows from my heart.  I have been humbled the past few days as I have received such positive feedback from this blog and how it has touched the lives of those who are beginning or in the midst of discovery of their own greatness.  It has caused me to see the importance of the impact our lives have on another.  15 years ago I lost a good friend to cancer, and yet to this day the impact she had on my life is still present, I still think on things she told me, showed me with her life.
We have a responsibility to share our message of hope, of greatness, of fearlessness.  Too often we focus on the negative of what has happened to us, of what we feel powerless to change, of the things that overwhelm us.  But, truth be told we ALL have a message to share.  One of change, positivity, hope, GREATNESS!  It can be the small step we took yesterday, or the huge strides we have made over a period of time, neither is of any less importance as both offer hope.  What will your message be and who will you share it with?

No comments:

Post a Comment