Sunday, September 9, 2012

Courage - Give it all You Got

Courage.  What kind of thoughts does this word conjure up in you?  The dictionary definition is as follows: "the ability to do something that you know is difficult or dangerous."  I love this because when you start on the journey to finding your greatness, to learning to live fearlessly you are venturing out to an unknown and at times it can be difficult and dangerous as it will shatter all the negative things you have thought about yourself.

I remember at the start of my journey I would be called brave, fearless and all I could think of was "yeah right!" At first did not believe a word that was being said to me.  I would listen, understand with my head and leave my session at times shaking my haed in unbelief that I was ever going to change. My mantra to myself was "Me - greatness, me-fearless, me-brave, who am I kidding!"

But then this concept was introduced...courage.  I understood this word in the face of adversity, of something that made me afraid, of taking a chance, but in my journey from my head to my heart...that did not require courage, or did it?

I discovered that by allowing my heart to be where I went daily to face life, to make decisions, to TRUST, I had to have courage.  I had shut my heart off for over 15 years to keep people out, to protect myself, to be safe, yet here I was being asked to open it and this took ALL the courage I could come up with.  This was asking me to do something difficult-allow myself to feel and something dangerous-allow others in.

As I ventured out into this unknown I discovered a me that had been dormant for many years.  The negative talk I had believed about myself began to be replaced with all the things about me that were great, were fearless, that made me brave and this time I believed it.  It is here that courage within me rose up as I allowed myself to feel fully and to let others in my life without reservation. 

So courage is what I desire others to experience as they discover who they truly are.  The path to greatness, to fearlessness, to one that is filled with life.  By taking the first step you have courage, by continuing you are fierce in that courage! Trust me, you will find out just how brave you are, and along the way how amazing as well!

  

2 comments:

  1. Here's to venturing into the unknown...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started one Friday night...Journey Into the Bi-Pole:

    ReplyDelete