Sunday, September 23, 2012

Why Do I...? Taking the Next Step Fearlessly

On this journey to greatness I have asked the question from time to time "Why do I...?  I mostly ask this when I see myself as failing at something, when I do not feel fearless, when my greatness seems to have faded away.  Yet in reality, it is a question I ask when there is another step to take and I am not sure I can do it.

I am in the beginning process of this right now as I prepare to take on one of the most difficult realtionships in my life.  I know it is time because I my heart says it is and also says I can do it.  A trusted friend has encouraged me by letting me know I have never been more ready-I do believe her when she says this as she has been with me every step of my journey thus far!  Lastly, I know in order for me to move forward in what I am called to do I need to complete this chapter, this last leg of my journey, so I can take the next step to the adventure yet to come, of what I feel called to do!

However I still ask the question "why do I...?  It is though I want some amazing answer to appear that will give me the right moment, the right words and the perfect response, yet I know that this is not going to happen.  The real question I should be asking is this, "How do I see myself?"  This question will reveal my fearlessness, my greatness, my ability to follow my heart even in a difficult situation.  As I go into this HEART FIRST (not listening to my head) seeing myself as strong, as a brave fearless warrior, then I will come out even stonger.  It will put to the test all I have learned in the past nine months and yet I KNOW I am ready even though it will not be easy.

It is in this that my journey to greatness, fearlessness, and courage will truly shine through.  A friend often tells me I have determination, clarity, traits I never thought I had until recently.  But it is these traits that will carry me through and allow me to speak from my heart, my passion, from fearlessness.  I know that at the end of it I will truly be able to stand in the greatness that is in me because I will no longer give power to this person to defeat me.

You see the journey to greatness is not an egotistical one, but rather recognizing who you are and the destiny that is meant for you.  By giving another person the power to take this from you - and yes they do not have this power unless you give it to them - you cannot fulfill the greatness that is in you.  This is not how I want to live.  Even though I try to live my life in my greatness each day, I no longer want to hear or give power to the voice in my head that says I am less than (the voice of this person), but rather the one in my heart that says I am fearless!

So what is keeping you from your next step on your journey to greatness?  How do you see yourself? Will you listen to your heart or your head?  I believe your heart has the anwser...what about you?



No comments:

Post a Comment