Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Heart to Heart Transactions

Words...they are pretty powerful and can either build up or tear down a person.  Think about your interactions with people today.  Your significant other, your children, co-workers, the person at the store and so on.  When you spoke to these individuals, where did the words come from?  Were they just noise to fill a space, or did you engage? 

I have come to learn in the past year to make my interactions with others from the heart.  I have a friend that almost everytime we have a conversation be it face to face, text, messaging there is a heart interaction. Not that we are deep and serious all the time as we do like to joke around and have fun, however, when we engage in conversation our hearts engage as well. 

There was a time in my life that my heart did not engage in anything, it was closed off and protected.  As a result of this I distanced myself from others so I would not have to feel, to trust.  I got to the point of pretty much not talking to anybody or letting them in.  At the insistance of a friend I started to see a counselor.  I figured that I would go a few times and hear the same old thing, just a different person...I was wrong!  At the very first meeting there was something different, I did not understand but wanted more.  As the weeks and months went by I discovered what it was, this person was not telling me what to do with head knowledge of what she had learned, but rather was speaking to me from what she knew to be true in her heart.

What an exeperience.  At times it was overwhelming as my heart was scared to engage.  However in time, there was what I call an "infusion of life" a heart to heart transaction that left me full and wanting more. In fact, I would leave each session brimming with life and found myself having heart to heart transactions with those I came in contact with each day.

Now a year later, I have learned to  live and speak to others with what I know to be true in my heart.  I don't just say words with no energy behind them, but rather interact with my heart so that what I say to others infuses life into them.  I engage in conversation versus just having one to fill space.  I am not perfect and am still learning as we all are.  Life is a journey, not a destination and learning and growing each day is part of the journey.

So, how are you engaging others?  When you speak is it from your heart or your head?  I challenge you to listen to your heart, to engage its energy and when you do there will be a heart to heart transaction.  How will you know if this is happening?  Your heart will guide you, listen to it, it will show you the way.



No comments:

Post a Comment