Sunday, September 1, 2013

When Greatness Leads the Way

Well, it has been about a year since I started this blog and along the way I have learned some great lessons but most of all I have discovered what being fearless and living in your greatness is all about!  I think one of the things that surprised me most is when I was in New Mexico for the Nurtured Heart Approach Global Summit and several people walked up to me and said "you're the 18 inches lady!"  I was so humbled that there are people who read this as I share my journey and are touched by it.  Thank you all for your encouragement and for supporting me in this effort.

So last week I shared about the "art of seeing greatness" in everyday life and to live in greatness in the day in, day out of everyday life.  So, taking my own advice, that is what I did this week!  Let me preface first by telling you that the prior two weeks I was in and out of my head way to much and had to force myself to be fearless and see greatness in anything.  The "elevator" that travels the 18 inches from head to heart got stuck in between floors several times and I at times doubted anything I have learned in the past year.  But, before Sunday was over I made the decision to put the "elevator" back into full service and to park it in my heart, thus the blog last week about seeing greatness in everyday life.

As I awoke Monday morning with absolute clarity of who I was and chose to live the day in my heart, the day unfolded in a way that set the course for the rest of the week to follow.  I had an amazing day at work, an unexpected meeting with a friend opened up and I made the decision to "breathe" greatness and peace into my household and set family rules.  What took place throughout the rest of the week was nothing short of amazing!  My home that had been in turmoil, became peaceful and calm and my relationship with my girls thrived all week and still is.  At work, a confidence I have not had for a while manifested in full force and I had a fantastic week. The fears/doubts I was having about friendships dissipated as I was reacting out of fear versus listening to my heart.

What I once again realized is that what it comes down to really is this...CHOICE!  I know this, and have been told this many times.  We all have choices to make and choosing to be fearless and living in your greatness really is a decision you have to make on your own.   You can choose to allow negativity to seep into your life/heart and soon it will take over.  However, you can also choose to confront it and say NO!  To choose to see greatness versus negativity and to breathe this into every situation, this is what I spent the week doing and the freedom and peace that followed was amazing.

Life...it is all about greatness, how you choose to love, to live, to see yourself, and to see others.  Listen to the still voice of your heart, it speaks the language of greatness, of fearlessness, of courage.  As you choose to live in your heart this still voice will become more and more prominent.  Are you listening?


1 comment:

  1. HI Laurie, Yes you are an inspiration. The 18 inch metaphor really sticks both in the heart and the mind. I have your blog a bit and often lurk awhile but haven't commented yet. What was wonderful this morning was that I woke up worried for my daughter and her health (mental and physical) and then I thought - hey Erica, go check out Laurie's blog for some ideas on how to be an inspiring Mom and role model for fitness. I want to know when you have a website and begin a practice of NHA fitness coaching. Maybe you already have.thanks for what you do. Now I need to go find some practical ideas within your words and experience to implement today using my heart! and fine mind! thanks for what you do and who you are.(I'm going to repeat that to myself right now as well.) Peace and Love and Health!

    ReplyDelete