Saturday, July 13, 2013

Growth and Greatness

Well, it has been an interesting couple of weeks to say the least as I have had a LOT of alone time as both my girls are out of town!  I have been on a "high" for the last year.  Yes, I have had my ups and downs, but so much has happened so fast that a day to day existance or "normalcy" has not really been a reality until now and it has proven itself to be a challenge. 

In the past 18+ months I have lost 125lbs, made a whole new group of amazing friends, been writing this blog, started wrting a book, have discovered my job is not my identity, become as assistant Girl Scout leader and shared my journey at a Nurtured Heart Approach Global Summit in New Mexico...whew!

But, believe it or not...I have been struggling with myself and negativity regarding my life, feeling disconnected, what I look like (physically) and my worth.  I have questioned whether I am good enough, what do I have to share, have I really changed, and a lot of self doubt.  I have allowed the WMD's (worry, misery, and doubt) to set up camp in my heart, and road blocked the "18 inch path" from head to heart.

Yet, as I have been running that past couple of days (this at times is great therapy for me)  and allowed myself to listen to the whispers of my heart I have come to a realization that I am enough!  I have remembered that my greatness is not based on what I have done, or even what I am currently doing or not doing.  It is not based on who I am in relationship with-I don't need any one person or persons to feed my greatness.  My greatness, my worth, my identity come from within...and these things have always been there!

Yes, I admit, I have become side-tracked and even seen some old behaviors surface slightly, but that is what makes the power of the reset so amazing, and also what makes the three stands of the Nurtured Heart Approach ( Absolute Yes, Absolute No, and Absolute Clarity) so powerful!  I have been able to reset and recognize who I am and the greatness that is in me and revitalize it within my heart.  In my alone time I have recognized that allowing the three stands to operate in my life in regards of who I absolutely am and who I am absolutely am not and to gain clarity in both has cleared the road block from head to heart and allowed me to settle back into my heart where there is peace.

The most anazing thing about all of this is the growth that I have allowed to take place, the "cleansing" I have allowed to happen of my heart all in the doings of day to day life with no "high" occurring.  This to me is perhaps the greatess growth I have had in a while.  That I don't need the "high" of constantly doing and can just be.

It is with this clarity that day to day life can be amazing and does not have to be mundane as I allow my greatness to shine in all I do!



No comments:

Post a Comment