Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Reset...Just Do It

Lately there have been a lot of opportunities in my life that have tried to move me from my heart into my head.  Changes at work, a challenging relationship, my two teenage girls, long hours, etc.  All of these things if I would allow them to could take me down a familiar path on which I traveled for many years, one that led to despair, hopelessness, fear, anger, and such.  However, this past year I have been given a weapon of sorts in the form of a five letter word - RESET!

When I first head this word everything in me challenged it as I wanted to keep listening to the voice in my head that justified all my feelings, my behaviors.  My friend who would use this word when she saw me going down the wrong path at times would infuriate me!  After all, look what was being said, what was being done, how I was being treated. Yet she would persistently say RESET and eventually I would come around and start looking at things differently.  This little word has great power!  It is likened to the rudder on a ship that is very small but can cause an entire ship to change direction and get back on course.

I have come to realize that I have the control over what I give power to in my life.  Changes at work I can choose to look at as opportunites for something new.  That challenging relationship a chance to make peace within myself and move on.  Even when my two teenagers are going at it with each other or with me I can choose to participate or not.

This word RESET is powerful as it provides a way to see things differently.  Not to run or hide from life's challenges, but to embrace them and learn and grow and not let the WMD's (worry, misery, doubt) have any place in your life.  As I recently was told, worrying about the "why" when it is not evident can be exhausting.  Instead we can embrace the changes, the challenges and manifest a positive outcome, we can RESET!

So what is it in life that is challenging you?  What is causing you to engage the WMD's versus disengaging them?  Would you embrace what is going on, realize that it does not have power unless you give it power and RESET?

I assure you, once this word becomes part of your vocabulary, clarity will accomapny it and life will take on new meaning.




1 comment:

  1. Great blog. I will definitely look at ways to RESET today.

    ReplyDelete